Please refrain from taking any antihistamines prior to your visit. Most common brands have to be stopped, for at least 5-7 days prior to your visit, if your first visit will involve skin testing.
Examples of antihistamine medications:
- Benadryl or diphenhydramine, Chlorpheniramine
- Atarax or Hydroxyzine, Claritin, Zyrtec or any of its generic equivalents, Allegra, Xyzal
- Astelin, Patanase nasal spray
- Patanol or Pataday, Optivar, Zaditor, Elestat eye drops
- Many over-the-counter cold and sleep medications may contain antihistamines.Asthma inhalers and Singulair will not interfere and can be used.